The following welcome is adaptedd from our recent 50th anniversary servce.
In the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit, you are welcome here.
- If you are broken, confused, narcissistic, open minded, naive, over whelmed, or just feeling lost you are welcome here.
- If you are hurt or bored, if you have lifted up others or if your words and actions have offended someone else you are welcome here.
- If your hair is black, if your hair is brown, red or blond, if it is spiked or bald, if you have braids or if your hair is gray, you are welcome here.
- If you come from Portage or Kalamazoo, Mattawan or Vicksburg, if you were born inside the United States or if you were born outside the United States, if you speak English or if you speak another language or multiple languages, you are welcome here.
- If you have been connected to this congregation since 1963, 73, 83, 93, 03 or 13, you are welcome here.
- If you vote republican, democrat, independent or if politics all together turns you off, you to you are welcome here.
- If you have a large family, small family, are single, divorced, cohabitating, homeless, if you are familiar with need, prayer and direction, you are welcome here.
- If you have been feeling depressed, thoughts of suicide, struggling with an addiction, feeling anxious, if you feel lonely, we want you to know that yes, you are welcome here.
- If Prince of Peace has been your church home for your whole life, if you have just come today, if you come only when you feel like it or if you come every week-know that you are welcome here.
- If you have been affirmed or ridiculed because of your race, your class you gender your mental or physical impairments, or sexual identification, we want you to know that you are welcome here.
- If you have been a Lutheran since before birth, consider yourself a Catholic, Methodist or Presbyterian, from another religious background or have no religious identity, if you are recovering from some other church or if Lutheran is the middle ground between different family backgrounds, you are welcome here.
- If you’ve had a difficult time making financial ends meet, and if you are worried about your money running out before the month does, you are welcome here.
- Finally, if you are excited about the gospel, or if you have more doubt than you have faith, if you are unapologetically Christian, or have more questions than answers, if you have no faith, from a different faith or you have great faith. I want to say to you welcome. You are exactly where God wants, God Bless you.